Nancy and Pup took us to the state capital. I had to pee, so Leslie and I walked around to the back of the building. There was a rally going on in the front. Leslie was taking pics outside so I went in and used the restroom.
When I walked out of the restroom, I looked around for Leslie. I saw her at the other end of the building and started walking toward her. Out of the corner of my eye I saw what I thought was a real Texas Ranger standing in the doorway.
I walked up and looked at the patch on his arm. He gave me a funny look so I explained.
"Oh I thought you were a real Texas Ranger I wanted to get a picture of one." I said. He gave me a funny look so I explained that I was from Wisconsin.
He looked at the other cop and said "Do you have a camera I wanna get a pic of a real Cheesehead." Then looked at me and said "I'm surprised they let you in here at all, being a Cheesehead."
And here's the rest of the conversation:
"Well I'm thinking of moving here."
"Don't, we don't want you."
"Gee that wasn't nice, I'm gonna take your picture and post it on my blog and tell everyone how mean you were to me." (I took his picture.)
"Good you do that."
Leslie started walking toward us. And that's when I opened my big mouth and said:
"You better be nice to me or my friend here will kick your ass."
The man turned red. "Mam you just better watch what you say around here."
Leslie walked up and I told her what I said. He was going on about how he should arrest me for "threatening a federal officer."
And what did I say? "Well gee I was only kidding, you started it!"
Leslie pushed me out the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment